At PACE, we specialise in the design and ongoing monitoring of strength and conditioning programs – for the keen social competitor right through to elite level professionals.
All of our clients and athletes have different goals and therefore different training requirements. We work closely with them to ensure optimal gains are made.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help you reach your potential.
Before you hit the slopes it’s important to warm up the muscles and joints in your body to help them perform better and avoid injury. These exercises will help prepare your body for the challenge of skiing or snowboarding by improving coordination, strength, power and flexibility. It’s important to perform these exercises slowly and keep an eye on technique. Enjoy!
Aim: Strengthen Hips
1. Lie flat on your back with knees bent and soles of the feet flat on the ground.
2. Squeezing bottom muscles lift your hips up towards the roof and slowly return to the ground
3. Repeat 15-20 times
Aim: Strengthen Hips
1. Lie on your side with your knees bent and feet in line with your back.
2. Slowly lift your top knee up keeping your feet together, should look like a clam shell opening up! Slowly return to start position
3. Repeat 15-20 times per side.
Aim: Strengthen legs; improve coordination & ability to shift your weight.
1. Stand tall, hands out and feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart like you’re trying to protect the goals in soccer.
2. Gently shift your weight to one side bending that knee and straightening the other leg. Repeat this process by slowly shifting the weight side to side.
3. Repeat 10-15 times per side
Lunge & Twist
Aim: Strengthen legs & core
1. Stand tall with feet together; take a step forward with one leg and drop the back knee toward the ground.
2. Now rotate your upper body towards the side of your back leg, keeping your eyes forward and return to the middle.
3. Bring both feet together and repeat on the opposite side.
4. Repeat 10-15 times per side
Aim: Increase power & coordination.
1. Standing on one leg jump to the opposite side and land on the other leg, stick the landing and immediately jump back to the other side landing on the first leg.
2. Repeat 8-10 times per leg.
© Mount Hotham Free Ski 2015